Friday, March 6, 2015

Michael Giacchino Puns

Oscar Winner may be one way to describe him. Some have even said he is rapidly becoming the next John Williams. But his own Twitter description describes him as a 'Nerd composer who sometimes composes for nerds.'

Dream Job
But his quirkiness extends even into his professional work. And I relate to this wholeheartedly, because when it comes to conventional naming of tunes, files or documents - my first instinct is to apply humour (convention goes out the window). Back in my days as a graphic designer it did get me into trouble a few times, but seeing it here by an acclaimed musician in the industry just makes me want to stand up and applaud!

So here is a list of epic Michael Giacchino titles from his various soundtracks:
  • Mutiny On The Bounty Hunter (Jupiter Ascending)
  • Lithe Or Death (The Incredibles)
  • The Incredits (The Incredibles)
  • Helluvacopter Chase (MI:3)
  • Shang Way High (MI:3)
  • Thinking Clairely (Lost Season 1)
  • Achara, Glad To See Me? (Lost Season 3)
  • Of Mice and Ben (Lost Season 4)
  • Jacob's Stabber (Lost Season 5)
  • Helen of Joy (Lost Final Season)
  • Heist To See You (Ratatouille)
  • Up With Titles (Up)
  • Kevin Beak'n (Up)
  • I've Fallen And I Can't Beam Up (Star Trek)
  • I Gotta Beam Me (Star Trek)
  • Mater Of Disguise (Cars 2)
  • Lambs On The Lamb (Super 8)
  • From Russia With Shove (Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol)
  • Mumbai's The Word (Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol)
  • A Thern For The Worse (John Carter)
  • Carter They Come, Carter They Fall (John Carter)
  • Cryo Your Heart Out (Star Trek - Into Darkness)
  • Look Who's Stalking (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes)
  • Gibbon Take (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes)
  • Aped Crusaders (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes)
I must just give credit to my friend, Calvin Scholtz, who turned my 'knowing' of Giacchino into being a huge fan.

There are plenty more puns! Please share your favourites in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment