Monday, March 9, 2015

Reconciliation Sax

I promise you I never had a clue!!

Yes, it is well known that I love good word-play and puns are kind of like a speciality of mine, but this one was completely a revelation to me...

It was a few years ago when I was tinkling around in some Mike Hammer-esque elements and I came up with this quick little tune. I had a few failed attempts at doing it justice that I titled this one reconciliation sax, because this particular saxophone reconciled what the others had failed to do.

Now I promise you again that this was no pun on 'Make up sex' - honestly! I would love to take credit for it, but since it was accidental, I cannot.

Upon nearing completion, I tried adding drums, a brass section and even some weird synthy elements - but nothing else was really needed. I took all those things out and left it as just the piano and the saxophone.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment