Monday, March 9, 2015

Transported

Come on - you enjoyed the first Transporter movie, didn't you? It kept you on the edge of your seat and had epic fight sequences.

I remember watching it on a DVD when I moved into my first apartment and mentally noting how appropriate the music was. Particularly the sequence on the highway with the truck and cars, etc.

Almost immediately I went to my room and began to compose my own action music - titled 'Transported' as a humble nod to it's inspiration.

Recently I actually went out and bought the film (my wife really enjoys these kinds of movie) and when it got to that highway sequence, I was expecting to hear that I've gone and plagiarised too much for my own good and that I could never use the piece. But it turned out quite the opposite: My piece of action music shows no resemblance whatsoever to Stanley Clarke's epic soundtrack.

Slightly disappointed that I missed Clarke's style completely - I was actually very encouraged that he could inspire something that lead to originality. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment