Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Dangerous Land

A rock song with an anthem-like chorus and guitar riffs.

This song is quite close to my chest for two reasons:

Musically, I wanted to capture that teetering sense of danger as if you've just noticed a drop of blood or heard a very strange noise that is out of place.
Lyrically, I'm conveying truths that most of us can agree on, but it just may be hard to express.

It is a dialogue between Misfortune (tragedy personified) and ourselves. Misfortune welcomes us in and sings the verses and we, the people, sing the triumphant chorus.



DANGEROUS LAND

Welcome to a land where perfection is banned
but it's the hope of every soul.
While it's sexy to be bad, the truth is ironclad
that we all want good to take control.

Pre Ch: Misfortune hunts this dangerous land.

Chorus:  You are the compromise in my eyes
               No surprise
               You love to watch me die and glorify
               Now I know why
               I don't belong here, but I'm needed
               So I'll stay here until I've succeeded
               And when that time comes, listen for the drums
               The old evacuates, the new will celebrate

Lock into the beat where success needs you to cheat
You'll be mocked to try the honest way.
To sit upon a throne, you need time in a jail-zone
What if God heard you pray?

Pre Ch

Chorus

Bridge: In a land where wrong is right, the flame of truth shall cast it's light
             like a burning laser-beam, some will turn to run and scream
             The rest of us will break our bonds, fly free and see our chains are gone
             Our rescue plea has found us aid
             No more will we ever have to be afraid.

Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment